Partnerships and Mergers
Organizations survive uncertain times only if they can redefine what success looks like.
The education sector in the US has seen competition increase considerably in recent times. This means independent schools need to think about new ways to remain sustainable and successful.
There has been a significant increase in the number of charter schools in the last decade.
- From 2006 to 2017, there was a 75% increase in the number of charter schools in the US (Source: National Alliance for Public Charter Schools).
- There has also been an increase in the number of students who are home-schooled, from 850,000 to 1,773,000 from 1999 to 2012. (Source: U.S. Department of Education). This loss of market share was only exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Such competitive landscape, coupled with uncertainty about the future, makes independent schools consider the idea of a partnership as a way to strengthen their position.
We know that a lot more could be achieved if instead of ruthless competition, they embraced the power of collaboration. If they worked with like-minded organizations, rather than against them. If they shared expertise and complemented each other, to capitalize on new opportunities and reach new markets.
When you're ready to take this step, we'll be happy to guide you through the process. The first step is a deep understanding of your own organization. You need to thoroughly examine the status quo, define what you stand for, identify your strengths and weaknesses. We will help you set up a comprehensive analysis to understand your operational environment. Only then will you be able to find the best match for your organization to keep thriving.
Our support extends to:
- Finding compatible organizations that complement your values, skills, and assets
- Facilitating meetings with potential partners
- Working with you through the complexities of collaboration—this includes combining missions, operations, and brand identity if needed
- Providing digital tools to empower you to work through a partnership or a merger, so you can make the changes you need at your own pace if you prefer.
We have the experience and know-how to ensure that your partnership or merger is successful. Our goal is to facilitate the process so you can create a future together that you could never have achieved on your own.
We partner with global experts Learn Collab to deliver this work.